Cyber Security Analyst at Precision System Design, Inc in Charlottesville, Virginia
Job ID: 1092038
Cyber Security Analyst needed in Charlottesville, VA. The Cyber Security Analyst is accountable for assisting the Chief Information Security Officer in effectively protecting information assets from inadvertent exposure or unauthorized access and its information systems from cyber threats and malicious attacks, using a combination of cyber security best practices ranging from industry accepted cyber risk management technologies, protocols, and standards to educating users on how to mitigate information risk while conducting business as usual. - Collaborate with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to effectively manage the enterprise information security program.
- Manage all phases of a security/risk related project: Project Charter, Business and Functional Requirements, Technical Design, Implementation, Post-Implementation Reviews.
- Proactively liaise with the firm’s managed security services provider to perform a weekly review of the security threat landscape, and identify opportunities to enhance the defense against evolving threats.
- Develop and/or enhance security metrics that characterize the effectiveness of the security program on an ongoing basis. Participate in monthly security briefings with the Chief Information Officer.
- Define and develop a repeatable process to review and validate on a quarterly basis the following IT information security controls:
- Identity and access management protocols.
- Granting and revoking of employee entitlements.
- Application level user account administration and access levels.
- Operational procedures related to securing computing resources eg network appliances, Servers, databases, and mobile devices
- Review the results of the network vulnerability scans and penetration tests. Collaborate with the network engineering team to understand, identify, and prioritize vulnerabilities (exploits) for remediation (neutralization). Review the re-test results to confirm vulnerabilities (exploits) have been remediated (neutralized).
- Review the results of application level vulnerability scans. Collaborate with the application development teams to understand, identify, and prioritize vulnerabilities for remediation. Review the re-test results to confirm vulnerabilities have been remediated.
- Collaborate with IT and Business Leaders to assist with the firm’s Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards compliance activities.
- IT Controls Annual Audit: Collaborate with the IT team to compile responses to inquiries made by external auditors in support of the firm’s annual audit of financial statements.
- IT Internal Audit: Collaborate with the IT team to assist with preparing for internal audits of IT processes, procedures, and policies.
- Collaborate with the CISO to revise policies governing risk management and information security on an as needed basis.
- Collaborate with the CISO and Business to enhance information security awareness throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with the CISO, IT Operations, and MSSP to coordinate cyber security incident response management and forensic analysis.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership to support risk management activities around disaster recovery and business continuity. We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval. REFERRALS WANTED – $1000 REWARD! Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will pay you $1000 if we find a job for that person! Overtime : straight time – Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience in IT
- 2+ years expecrience in cyber security & IT risk management
- strong communication skills including written, verbal, listening and presentation
- project management experience
- strong consulting, problem solving and analytical skills
Filed under: Cyber Security Jobs
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!