Cyber Threat Analytics Analyst (USA)
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Join a growing, fast-paced and high-performance Cyber Security team. Information security is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and/or the bottom line, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Cyber Threat Analytics Analyst position will be an experienced professional who will be responsible for producing authoritative intelligence assessments that define cyber threats to networked global information networks including mobile platforms.
The candidate will:
· The successful candidate should have strong technical security skills with hands-on experience. Candidate should have an understanding of increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks, hacking techniques and associated defensive techniques
· Conduct all-source intelligence research by evaluating technical and intelligence data with specific emphasis on network/system operations and information warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures directed against international payment networks.
· Informed and can provide subject matter expertise regarding recent hacks / exploits – especially against web applications, databases and common desktop tools
· Maintain, develop, and continually evaluate cyber intelligence sources (technical & non-technical) to increase effectiveness and timeliness of reporting threat information.
· Assist the various Information Security teams such as the Investigations and Forensics team with quality research and assistance in solving complex cases.
· Interact and assist other investigative teams within Visa (e.g. risk) on time sensitive, critical investigations
· Active participation in Incident Response mock scenarios for training on an annual basis