Cyber Security Consulting Engineer (Job Number:301777)
The CISBU is currently seeking a Cyber Security Consulting Engineer
SAIC’s Security Operations Practice (SOP) is seeking a talented Consulting Engineer, requiring 50-75% travel, to operate within its Product Team. Primary work location is flexible within the United States. SAIC’s Security Operations Practice has been operating in commercial and federal markets for over ten years. The Consulting Engineer will travel to customer locations around the world to install, configure, troubleshoot, and customize SOP solutions. This position requires strong knowledge in network security operations and familiarity with a variety of endpoint security products. Candidates should be very experienced in network, security systems design, and deployment and troubleshooting. Primary Duties:
- Primary support for customer consulting engagements
- Test and implement new services or technologies for MSS or consulting practice.
- Provide technical solutions, documentation and support for proposals
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 6+ years related experience.
· 2-3 year system administration experience with UNIX, Linux and Windows environments, especially installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
· Intermediate level knowledge of installing, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies such as firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion prevention/detection (IDS/IPS), antivirus, anti-Malware, anti-Spam and unified threat management (UTM).
· Strong networking background combined with strong security and general troubleshooting skills, methods and approach.
· Ability to program in an administrative language (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell).
* Ability to understand and automate complex processes.
· Interface with customer, SAIC, and partners.
· Translate customer requirements into use cases and designs.
· Provide best-practices based guidance to achieve customer goals.
· Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to this position as candidate will be interacting with the customer on a regular basis.
· Provide regular status summaries and reports to team lead and/or management as required.
* Ability to work with developers and engineers to troubleshoot their development apps/code and engineering applications
· Ability to present technical ideas, network diagrams, and flowcharts utilizing visualization tools such as Visio and PowerPoint.
· Ability to write technically in support of proposals and practice documentation.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company’s approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 17, 2012, 3:15:53 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segments: Consultant, Consulting, Contract, Cyber Security, Engineer, Engineering, Government, Homeland Security, Linux, Military Intelligence, Network Security, Security, Service, Technology, Unix