As a Cyber Security Project Manager with Verizon Managed Security Services you will be part of a growing team dedicated to delivering new services to our extensive list of Fortune 1000 business clients globally. Following a PMI framework your responsibilities will extend across all process groups and through each of the knowledge areas. A heavy focus on quality, efficiency, communications and scope management will be key to success in this role.
The candidate will contribute in the following capacities:
- Deliver high value services to a large and demanding global clients, projects last from 60 -180 days, multiple projects will be the candidates responsibility at any given time
- Manage a highly complex project in a loose matrixed environment
- Leverage existing PM processes and corporate systems to coordinate the implementation of services in a mature product environment
- Be the Single Point of Contact (“SPOC”) and advocate for the Customer within Verizon
- Provide recommendations to Product Management and Development teams for service improvements
- Fulfill the role of service assurance and quality assurance on behalf of the Customer
- Provide training and education to internal Verizon teams, including SOC and engineering, on Customer contracts, SLAs, and specific network anomalies, to allow for operational support
- Provide a consultative approach by performing continuous service analysis, gap analysis and service improvement plans as warranted
- Identify areas to develop service improvements and revenue enhancements
- Make a business cultural difference as the “everything as a service” and “total customer solutions” initiatives change the way managed security is delivered and experienced.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/BA with technical background
- 7-10 years of experience with at least three years focused on project management
- PMI PMP certification is required
- Strong project management skills – writing and executing project, communication, monitoring, contingency, resource management., quality and scheduling plans
- Ability to work in heavily matrixed environment
- Ability to work with clients and gain their trust
- Ability to think creatively in resolving customer issues
- Ability to work with little direction, filling in blanks toward achieving end goals and milestones
Desired Skills & Experience
- Fundamental network concepts helpful; security concepts preferred but not required
Employment requirements may include Background and Credit Check, Drug Testing and/or Skills Testing. Terremark Worldwide Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Terremark, a Verizon Company, is a leader in transforming and securing enterprise-class IT on a global scale. A subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), Terremark sets the standard for IT deployments with advanced infrastructure and managed service offerings that deliver the scale, security, and reliability necessary to meet the demanding requirements of enterprises and governments around the world. With a global network of data centers and a comprehensive portfolio of secure solutions, Terremark is helping enterprise and government executives realize the power and promise of the cloud today.